The Computational Literacies Lab and friends are well-represented at ISLS 2023; if you are in Montreal this week please join us at some of these talks and presentations.
Monday, June 12
ICLS-SYMP18 / Moving Towards Critical Pedagogy for Transformative Action: Learnings from Research Partnerships
- (8:30 AM – 10:00 AM) John Molson 1.210
- Sameer Honwad, Shakuntala Devi Gopal, Akshay Kedari, Chris Hoadley
S-CS1 - Cultivating Equitable Computing Identities
- (3:00 PM–4:30 PM) John Molson 9 Room A
- “Growing as a person”: Authoring Identity Across Formal CS Education and Everyday Computing Contexts, Jacob Wolf and Chris Proctor, authors.
- Preschoolers’ Embodied and Shared Self-Regulation through Computational Thinking, X. Christine Wang, Virginia Flood, and Grace Yaxin Xing
Tuesday, June 13
S-PLAY2 - Game-Based Learning: Curriculum, Literacy, and Collaboration
- (8:30 AM–10:00 AM) John Molson 3.445
- How Kinetically-Held Gestures Support Collaborative Problem Solving in Physics, Virginia Flood
L-CS3 - Computational Literacy, Engagement, and Assessment
- (2:30 PM–4:00 PM) John Molson 3.445
- Chris Proctor, long paper session chair
Wednesday, June 14
ICLS-SYMP13 / Computation within and beyond Disciplinary Communities: Learnings from K-12 In-School-Time Studies
- (10:30 AM–12:00 PM) John Molson 3.210
- Dave Jackson, symposium chair; Chris Proctor, participant.
Interactive Tools and Demos - Multimodal interaction / XR / Embodiment
- (4:30 PM – 6:00 PM) John Molson 9 Room BC
- MultiMod: A platform for qualitative analysis of multimodal learning analytics, Chris Proctor and Dave Mawer