Week 2 Slides
Critical Computational Literacies
Dr. Chris Proctor
LAI 686, Spring 2021
Discuss and synthesize readings
- We started with each student sharing notes from their reading.
- I ended up giving a short impromptou lecture on Piaget and Vygotsky as sociocultural foundations of these readings. This was helpful; may want to formalize it next time.
- I presented my diagram as a synthesis of the ideas presented here.
- To synthesize the readings, I asked students to spend five minutes reading about Dynamicland and identifying themes from our readings.
- This ran into Act II somewhat.
Workshopping project ideas
- Each student presented their initial project ideas. Because we have a small class, there wasn't a need for mingling/group-formation time. Each idea was interesting and feasible!
Looking ahead: literature review, fieldnotes, course project